The nomination period has opened for the Friedman School Inclusive Excellence Award. Nominations can be submitted here from Monday, April 4th through Friday, April 29th.
The Friedman School’s Inclusive Excellence Award hopes to honor those individuals who in their day-to-day actively foster an inclusive environment in our community. Inclusive excellence can be promoted in many ways, and we are hoping this award recognizes students and faculty members who consistently ensure that all perspectives are not only heard and acknowledged, but also valued.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. This Award seeks to highlight those within our community who embody these values through their actions:
- creating opportunities to connect and build a sense of community
- valuing true and meaningful integration and connections
- showing empathy and humility when hearing different perspectives and experiences
- providing exceptional mentoring
- contributing to the learning and development of every member in our School, particularly those who have been historically underrepresented
- developing -in any way- a safe space where all of us can authentically connect
Those eligible to be nominated for an award are Friedman School faculty members and Friedman School students expected to graduate in 2022 who make outstanding contributions to promoting inclusion at the school.
- All Tufts community members may nominate eligible Friedman School faculty and students
- A nominator may nominate multiple individuals, but may not submit repeat nominations for the same individual
- Nominations are for individuals only, not for teams
- Multiple nominators may submit a joint nomination
- One cannot nominate themselves
- Nominations cannot be anonymous
- Nominations will be confidentially vetted for eligibility, removing from consideration any not meeting all eligibility criteria
- Nominations must be submitted through a Qualtrics link
The award winner will receive a framed certificate and be recognized during commencement in May.
- Nominations will be open from April 4th through April 29th
- The review committee will review nominations during the first week of May