Inclusive Excellence Award
Recipients of the Award can be faculty or students who make outstanding contributions to promoting inclusion in our School.
The Friedman School’s Inclusive Excellence Award hopes to honor those individuals who in their day-to-day actively foster an inclusive environment in our community. Inclusive excellence can be promoted in many ways, and we are hoping this award recognizes students and faculty members who consistently ensure that all perspectives are not only heard and acknowledged, but also valued.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. This Award seeks to highlight those within our community who embody these values through their actions:
- Creating opportunities to connect and build a sense of community
- Valuing true and meaningful integration and connections
- Showing empathy and humility when hearing different perspectives and experiences
- Providing exceptional mentoring
- Contributing to the learning and development of every member in our School, particularly those who have been historically underrepresented
- Developing -in any way- a safe space where all of us can authentically connect